Saturday, March 9, 2013

Summer is coming...and Ruth's is ready!!

Hard to believe as I sit on my deck in Virginia wearing my beloved Chaco sandals, that a week and a half ago I was shoveling 12+ inches of snow at Ruth's in Grand Haven!  A week ago my mom and I talked about how great it will be for people to sit on the deck...as we shoveled the snow off from it! That reality seemed so far away both in weather and the work that remained inside the house, but it is amazing what a week can bring!

 
Just as hard for me to still believe is that this crazy idea of buying a house in Grand Haven that I cooked up a little over a year ago has quickly turned into a reality.  I am a firm believer that if things are meant to work out, they will.. in God's timing not mine. It has been both a blessing and a challenge to my patience to see this unfold in the last few months. 

 





Looking back through my photos was a good reminder too of just how different things can look in just a short amount of time.


These two photos are of Central Park in Grand Haven which is located a block from Ruth's.   Both beautiful seasons in their own right, just different. 


So for now... please enjoy some photo updates of the work inside the house, and remember summer is coming!  Will you be coming to Ruth's this summer??













Cozy living room downstairs

Master Bedroom on main floor

First room upstairs

Twin beds now in addition to the futons upstairs

Bathroom

Desk/work area in dining room


New dining room table

Small eat in kitchen breakfast area

Kitchen



No comments: