Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Hope you all are enjoying, celebrating and thankful for the mothers, grandmothers, aunts and other important women in your life! As I have been reflecting on the women in my life this week I continue to love the stories that are told through photographs...for those of you who know me or have been reading this blog that probably comes as no surprise.  I love those moments frozen in time...and just wanted to share a few. 


Mom and Christina



 A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.  
-- Washington Irving

Grandma Ruth with my Dad













And so our mothers and grandmothers have, more often than not anonymously, handed on the creative spark, the seed of the flower they themselves never hoped to see -- or like a sealed letter they could not plainly read.
-- Alice Walker
The Larson sisters... beloved Grandmother and Great-Aunts
Abraham Lincoln was quoted as saying I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. Such simple and sweet truth I too have and do remember not only from my mom, but from grandmothers, aunts and other great women of faith in my life as well.  Happy Mother's Day!



No comments: